April 25, 2010

Farmer's Market Noodles

I am reorganizing my office at work and so I had to work this weekend.  After the Farmer's Market and then breakfast I spent about 4 hours at the office and was ready for lunch when I got home about 2:00pm.  Since my DH and I were going to eat with friends for dinner at 6:00, I didn't want to eat a big lunch, just something to knock down the hunger pangs.  I'm trying to use up all the produce I've gotten from the farmer's market in the last couple of weeks and decided I would do something similar to a lomein.  I didn't have any of the right noodles but I did have a container of ramen noodles.  I julienned carrots, broccoli rabe and diced up some green garlic.  I sauteed all that and added the ramen noodles and some chicken broth.  I still had some ham steak from the market and diced up some of that.  I let all that simmer until the sauce had thickened a little and the noodles were fully cooked.  It tasted pretty good and the hunger was sated until dinner.

Farmer's Market Noodles
(Serves 1)

Ingredients:
1. A package Ramen Noodles (or other type) sauce pack discarded
2. 1/2 cup julienned carrots
3. 1 cup julienned broccoli rabe
4. 1/2 cup diced green garlic
5. 1 cup diced ham
6. 1 cup chicken broth
7. salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Saute the vegetables until soft.
2. Add in the diced ham until cooked through.
3. Add in the noodles from the ramen noodle package.
4. Add 1 cup chicken broth.
5. Let simmer until the sauce is thick and the noodles are soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment