April 10, 2010

Chinese Sweet Chicken Thighs

I had some chicken thighs in the refrigerator that I needed to cook.  I wanted to do something different and had some sweet pepper and jalapeno jam in the pantry and thought it would be good on the chicken.  After baking the chicken in the jam I thought it was too sweet so I decided to use some spicy chinese mustard.  The mustard added just the right touch.


Chinese Sweet Chicken Thighs
(serves 3)
printable recipe

Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
4 tablespoons sweet pepper and jalapeno jam
4 teaspoons lime juice
salt and pepper
4 tablespoons spicy chinese mustard

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350°.  Mix the jam and the lime juice together.  Place the thighs in a small casserole dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread with the jam mixture.
2.  Bake until nearly done and spread with the mustard.
3.  Place back in the oven and continue baking until the mustard has formed a sticky glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment