May 29, 2010

My computer has finally bitten the dust.

Four years ago I purchased a Dell XPS M1710 which had a NVidia Geforce Go 7900 GTX graphic card. Turns out this card was faulty and 1 year from the day I ordered the computer and 10 months from when I actually received the computer the card suddenly quit working. I spent nearly $600 for a replacement (a 7950 as the 7900 was now obsolete) only to have it also be a faulty card. It has now quit also and unfortunately the 7950 is now obsolete and there isn't a replacement to fit in my laptop. I now have a giant paperweight until I either purchase a new computer or some computer guru figures out how to fix it for virtually zero dollars as I'm not throwing good money after bad.

All that being said, I'm now using my IPad to update my blog. This means that posting will be sporadic until I figure out how to post a full blog entry using BlogPress or some other app.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment