May 29, 2010

I'm back and Farmers Market finds of the week!

After both my DH and I have been sick for two weeks and traveling to my niece's college graduation, I'm definitely ready to get back to cooking

This week at the Farmers Market I picked up a ton of veggies. I haven't been to the market for three weeks and I have missed the veggies and breakfasts with BW.




This week I picked up the following:

1. Mustard Greens
2. Bok Choy
3. Radishes
4. Beets (new item)
5. Green Garlic
6. Red Onions
7. Sour Cherries (not pictured)
8. Baby White Potatoes (also not pictured)

I forgot to include the bag of sour cherries I purchased. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the cherries. I thought they were sweet and planned to just eat them as a snack.

I've had beets when I was younger, and I hated them. They were the canned kind and I'm hoping that fresh ones will be much better. My husband likes borsch and I thought I would try making some for him.

All the other items will either go on the grill or be used as side dishes for meals throughout the week.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment